For those who have a GX1...

Started Dec 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
thx1138
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,147
Like?
Re: For those who have a GX1...or not! :)
In reply to drummerman, Jan 5, 2012

I agree. I just can't see the value of the GX-1 with current pricing. Add the EV-F option and you are double the price of the G3. I like the look of the GX-1, butr G3 pricing at the moment is very good. I was all set to get a NEX-7, but at nearly 2.5x the price and a lousy lens line-up I think I get the G3 and use that for a year or so and see what 2012/2013 brings.

drummerman wrote:

Alexsfo wrote:

G3 has fixed evf which is not what many people want. GX1 offers a much better swivel EVF as an option. It is far more flexible.

Hen3ry wrote:

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

Let me begin by saying I was really disappointed by the GX1 preview on two missing items. I really expected a built-in EVF and an articulated LCD. Those two things really put me off.

That camera is called the G3. Same upgraded sensor as the GX1, etc. But you can afford the accessory EVF by selling your children into slavery.

Cheers, geoff
--
Geoffrey Heard
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

-- hide signature --

E-PM1, E-PL2; 7mm f3.5, 14mm f2.5, 20mm f1.7, 45mm f1.8, 40-150mm f4-5.6

Being in the market for a new camera I have to admit that I can't get my head around this 'dilemma' either. The G3 has a swivel screen so does not need a swivel VF. Most people seem to want to add the eVF to the GX1 which makes it both larger and much more expensive. Same sensor with everything one could probably want in the G3 and it is cheaper! I think its the small form factor that attracts people but at what cost?

regards

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GX1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow