HP OfficeJet 7410 - custom paper size issue and can't get full bleed...

Started Dec 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
dave1812
Senior MemberPosts: 1,899Gear list
Like?
Re: HP OfficeJet 7410 - custom paper size issue and can't get full bleed...
In reply to Damovich, Jan 4, 2012

Damovich wrote:

I dont have your particular printer but a Officejet 7000 (A3+) instead. With the 7000 model the custom sizes need not to be (pre)defined at the printserver screen but in the printerconfigurationscreen itself. Perhaps it works the same with your printerdriver, just choose "Print" from the dropdownmenu in the program you want to print from, then click on the "properties" button and on the Tab(screen) where you can choose papersizes etc.. Now instead of clicking on "More" ('papersizes' dropdownmenu) beneith it is another option called "custom" and from here I can add custom paper sizes to the driver.

Hope that made any sense to you but if it doesnt I can make a few screenshots for you tomorrow if you want, I'm not anywhere near the printer right now to be able to just instantly do so.

thanks, but I've been in that screen dozens of times to no avail. Nothing I do saves it for use with the printer driver. the only place I see the custom named paper size is when I go to Devices & Printers, choose the printer, and then look at the list of papers in Print Server, but that doesn't mean the custom size is available for use with the printer. It's obviously being saved somewhere, but it's not being utilized by the driver.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Dee fifty one hundred

Honest debates welcome.

dave1812's gear list:dave1812's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow