ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DarthVader
Regular MemberPosts: 375
Like?
X10 availability
Jan 4, 2012

Hello folks,

The X10 has finally become available in Switzerland, but, strange enough, only in one of the biggest internet stores of our country and 2 rather small ones (one of the latter even offers the camera 100 Swiss Francs OVER the official Fuji price!!).

But, what I think is strange, is the fact that the official Swiss Fuji site has changed the availability from December 2011 to January 2012 and now to February 2012. So, this means, the camera can be bought at certain internet stores, but not at the official importer. Has this also happened in other countries?

I got my X10 last week, and after taking my first shots I noted, that the shutter count was already up to 1'855!!! This did set me up a bit, because I paid for a new one, and we all know that that price is already quite high. So, I complained to the seller and they answered that they did not have that model on display so far, but I should send it back and they would have a look at it. I'm not sure where that internet store gets the cameras from, but the X10 was in a transparent plastic bag which was kind of sealed with a Fujifilm sticker. You know, I would probably not have said a word if the shutter count had been maybe at 20, but hey, it was almost up to 2'000. Maybe I got a camera that had been sent back to Amazon or another internet dealer ... Anybody else made that experience?

Btw: I took about 150 (trial) shots myself in those few days, and I must say that I really liked the handling and was mostly pleased with the results. The menu was already quite familiar as I've been owning a HS20 for about 9 months now, and I love the manual zoom on both these cameras.

Best wishes,
Kurt
--
The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am!

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow