Started Jan 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Solarcoaster
Regular MemberPosts: 146
Like?
Is this photoshopped?
Jan 4, 2012

Accidentally posted this in Pro Digital first, meant to post it here.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/01/04/challengeofchallenges#comments

I looked at the image with my own eyes and came to the conclusion that there is no way a water drop could be that size coming from a fish that size. My conclusion was predictably trashed by the sheep who came into the comment thread without a critical eye and with their trite congratulations already planned out, but I don't care about them.

The problem with the drop is that it is too big in proportion to the size of the fish, and only a really thick liquid could make such a large drop. Also suspicious is that there are no other water droplets or any trace of water anywhere else in the image.

The fish, along with the water drop, looks very flat, and could have been easily cut and pasted into the beak, and then erased at the pixel level to expose end of the bottom half of the beak. The big problem is that the beak's break through the side of the fish is extremely clean, there's no torn scaled or anything, it just looks unnatural. The whole thing looks "fish" to me.

I don't know for sure that it was photoshopped, but I'd say there's an over 50% chance, and it very easily COULD have been. What do you think?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow