Started Jan 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shademaster
Contributing MemberPosts: 508Gear list
Like?
worried about NX line
Jan 3, 2012

I am worried about current and future availability of NX lenses. I bought my NX100 back in August as my first non P&S. I got a good deal ("open box") and bought the 30mm pancake and sef20 flash. So I have some gear but am not terribly invested yet. I'm not happy with the autofocus, but I am learning to work around the limitations and am very happy in general. What bothers me more is the current availability of lenses and prospects for the future. If I look at adorama or B&H:

16mm: out of stock, out of stock
30mm: out of stock, out of stock
85mm 1.4 (not like I could afford it, but): out of stock, not even listed
50-200mm: out of stock, out of stock

I understand the 16 since it just came out, but the 30 and 50-200??? Really? It looks like the only lenses that are available are the 20mm, 18-200mm, and 60mm macro... and none of these would be on my "next purchase" list. My next two purchases would be 50-200 and 16.

I really enjoy my NX100! But I am not a fanboy, and I don't care about Samsung as a company. I am afraid to invest more when the eco-system feels like it could disappear at any moment. If I were recommending to a friend I would need to warn them about lens availability being a major issue. I was considering buying the 50-200 for an upcoming trip, but considering it's not available and I could get an E-PL1 PLUS an equivalently long zoom (which weighs HALF the NX long zoom... important for me) all for $400 (at costco) when it's $300 for just the NX 50-200 LENS!...

shademaster's gear list:shademaster's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Samsung EX2F Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake +2 more
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Samsung NX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow