to surpass the image quality of a Sigma Foveon SLR what camera would you need to ...

Started Dec 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
Usee
Senior MemberPosts: 2,071Gear list
Like?
Re: My answer
In reply to worldcup1982, Jan 3, 2012

worldcup1982 wrote:

I have to say that is somehow funny how experience differs...mine says otherwise...at large sizes prints i have a problem to mantain the details captured by sigma...and not with 14mp> cameras...(im not saying that im right and you are wrong...just how different results we are getting...talking just about prints...my main objective)

SandyF wrote:

In general though, I think the lens differences (Pentax 17-70 compared to Sigma 28-70mm) may give you different SHARPNESS and corners, but not really more or less actual detail.
Best regards, Sandy
http://www.pbase.com/sandyfleischman (archival)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandyfleischmann (current)

I think,

that one could imagine, that a good guessing based on real (sensor) sensels, should be at least a tad better, than a free fictional set of additional pixel for printing...

...thus a high pixel count matters especially for making good prints - not really on screen, which is also shown by DXOmark.
(They discriminate between print and screen by their measurement graphs.)

@Sandy:

How much detail do You get from a out of focus shot in comparison to a in focus shot...

...I think You get more (wanted) details with the shot in focus...
(Example: the letters in a book, or the structure of the paper etc...)

...could You think, that it is a similar behaviour when comparing a sharper lens to another lens (not only in regard of the corners)?

-- hide signature --

No one else is guilty for one's incapabilities except one self.

Envy is the highest form of recognition.

Stop to run, start to think.
Think twice - that doubles the fun!

Your world is as big, as Your mind.
Avoid to have only one point of view!

Uli

Usee's gear list:Usee's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 2D/3D Samsung 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 power zoom Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
See?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow