to surpass the image quality of a Sigma Foveon SLR what camera would you need to ...

Started Dec 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
Usee
Senior MemberPosts: 1,517Gear list
Like?
Re: My answer
In reply to worldcup1982, Jan 3, 2012

worldcup1982 wrote:

I have to say that is somehow funny how experience differs...mine says otherwise...at large sizes prints i have a problem to mantain the details captured by sigma...and not with 14mp> cameras...(im not saying that im right and you are wrong...just how different results we are getting...talking just about prints...my main objective)

SandyF wrote:

In general though, I think the lens differences (Pentax 17-70 compared to Sigma 28-70mm) may give you different SHARPNESS and corners, but not really more or less actual detail.
Best regards, Sandy
http://www.pbase.com/sandyfleischman (archival)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandyfleischmann (current)

I think,

that one could imagine, that a good guessing based on real (sensor) sensels, should be at least a tad better, than a free fictional set of additional pixel for printing...

...thus a high pixel count matters especially for making good prints - not really on screen, which is also shown by DXOmark.
(They discriminate between print and screen by their measurement graphs.)

@Sandy:

How much detail do You get from a out of focus shot in comparison to a in focus shot...

...I think You get more (wanted) details with the shot in focus...
(Example: the letters in a book, or the structure of the paper etc...)

...could You think, that it is a similar behaviour when comparing a sharper lens to another lens (not only in regard of the corners)?

-- hide signature --

No one else is guilty for one's incapabilities except one self.

Envy is the highest form of recognition.

Stop to run, start to think.
Think twice - that doubles the fun!

Your world is as big, as Your mind.
Avoid to have only one point of view!

Uli

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
See?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow