New Olympus camera announcement in early February?

Started Jan 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sderdiarian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,252Gear list
Like?
New Olympus camera announcement in early February?
Jan 3, 2012

http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-new-olympus-camera-to-be-unveiled-between-february-6-11th/

It's a rumor and we've all been burned by those before, but thought I'd put it out there nonetheless as possible welcome news following last Fall's scandal releases.

My thoughts if true, Olympus may want to use this camera to emphasize they are alive, turning the page on last Fall. If so, it should be revolutionary, a showcase for their technical prowess. Finally perhaps they’ve told Imaging designers/engineers to pull out all the stops and produce the dream camera for many of us. An iconic camera as the original Pen and OM were, and not a retro copycat (though it could have some fun cues).

What I'd hope for as possible features:

• a new 16MP low-noise sensor that can compete with Sony NEX 5N quality

• on same note, truly expanded DR

• Nikon V1-like hybrid CDAF/PDAF focusing

• NEX 7 quality EVF

• weathersealing (seems to be in the cards)

• fully articulated 3″ OLED touch-screen (3.5″ a-la Retina even better)

• further improved IS and Truepic processing, their mainstays

• ground-breaking, attractive and ergonomic styling that sets it apart

• body MSRP just under $1000

Who knows, but it could be pretty exciting if even some of this comes to bear. That it's also rumored to be introduced in the same timeframe as Fuji introduces their system IL camera with hybrid optical viewfinder and organic sensor is further intriquing.

Always fun to speculate provided it's with a grain of salt, the attached link is still a rumor for now, and my speculations simply a wish-list of sorts.
--
Sailin' Steve

sderdiarian's gear list:sderdiarian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow