Can someone please convince me to drop Bridge and use Lightroom 3?

Started Jan 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jag64551
Regular MemberPosts: 109Gear list
Like?
Can someone please convince me to drop Bridge and use Lightroom 3?
Jan 2, 2012

I have been using Bridge/ACR to do my initial organization & batch processing for a couple of years now, and seem to get along just fine with it. However, I know the majority of photographers use Lightroom (compared to Bridge). I used the demo for LR3 and then purchased it when it was on sales a few months ago. I just shot a wedding and was planning to use this opportunity to make the transition. Things are slower and I figured I would take the time to learn the ins and outs.

I just can't wrap my head around what makes it superior to Bridge/ACR (I am running latest and most up to date versions of both). To my knowledge, the RAW editor is exactly the same - just skinned differently. I've heard that LR is supposed to make it much easier to organize and catalog things. If that is the only big difference (which I haven't seen yet, probably because I don't know how to use it properly), I'm not sure it's worth the time investment to learn it. Are there other major advantages that I'm just not seeing due to ignorance?

Can someone tell me why I should make the switch? Thanks

jag64551's gear list:jag64551's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow