Started Dec 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
Y0GI
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210Gear list
Like?
Re: 60D + telescope: problems
In reply to asad137, Jan 1, 2012

asad137 wrote:

Y0GI wrote:

Could you please elaborate on the "Linear Response Option"? I am unable to find it in DPP and a search of the help files came up empty. I'd sure like to know more about it!

In the RAW tab of the edit toolbox, right below the "Shadow" slider (in the set of sliders below the histogram) is a checkbox marked "Linear Response". Changes the entire input/output levels curve.

Thank you, Asad! I can't believe that I missed that little check box!

I tried it on one of my landscape shots from yesterday and it made the image really dark. I guess that, as noted above, it is most useful for over-exposed images.
From the DPP Help Files:

"[Linear] - A function for advanced adjustment

Use [Linear] when you will be adjusting separately using image editing software that has advanced editing functions. Note that when [Linear] is checkmarked, the image will become dim.

"The Auto Lighting Optimizer will not function when [Linear] is checkmarked."

Thanks again!
--
Yogi

When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!

See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.

Check out the unofficial Rebel forum FAQ - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow