Started Jan 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dolan Halbrook
Senior MemberPosts: 1,204Gear list
Like?
Portraits with the V1?
Jan 1, 2012

I have to say, the V1 is an intriguing camera. I'm looking for something with a bit more RAW headroom than my LX-5, but small, when I don't want to lug around my DSLR, which is more and more often these days.

The paired zooms seem like solidly good lenses, but I'm wondering how anyone can get a shallow enough DoF for portraiture. Are people using the FT1 adapter and a fast APS-C/FF prime? Are there any native fast primes expected (perhaps at CES)?

I'm currently leaning towards m43 for this reason (and a few others), but I tried the V1 in a store and despite a lack of external controls, it seemed like a pretty well thought out, extremely responsive body, and the EVF was very good, so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible before making any decisions, and keeping all options on the table.

Dolan Halbrook's gear list:Dolan Halbrook's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +5 more
Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 (Lumix DMC-FT1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow