Started Dec 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ecka84
Regular MemberPosts: 495Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it all about gear?
In reply to MirkoB, Dec 31, 2011

MirkoB wrote:

ecka84 wrote:

people who actually care about the quality of their pictures?

This is IMHO your biggest problem. You dnt care about quality of your pictures. I want to tell you that for YOU there is no significant difference between 7D and 5DM2. For pros there is but you just arent on that level. Me neither. But i want to learn new things, to try to push my camera on limits and beyond and if i will do that i will be happy to say now is time for new camera.

Yes, CS5 is just a tool. However, there are some photoshop geniuses who don't need a camera to create an amazing picture. I can't do it, so I'm using my camera. And I can't tell what is fake in your photo, you tell me, :). Many people (mostly professionals) are buying better (most expensive) gear just to make sure that their "out of camera" images are good enough and there is no need for a lot of post-processing.

My camera is just a tool to get "image" from my head on screen/paper. Nothing more, nothing less. I bought now Bowens Gemini 2X400 kit just to spread my horizonts and to learn new things and tehniques. Not just to sit in front of monitor and watch test photos on 100% and argue who has more noise in shadows.

But again you have right. Your life, your money, your choices.

Well, like I said, it's not my problem that you don't see the difference. Basically, you are doing the same thing, using tools that are good enough for you. You just like to argue, don't you? Going through the forums, looking for problems...

MirkoB wrote:

Just saw your gallery. Exactly what i predicted. I meet too manny ppl who upgraded their cameras cos they were sure that bad photos are failure of the camera. But after upgrading to advanced camera result was the same. And no Photoshop can help there my friend. Happy new 2012. and wish you manny much better photos than you had in 2011.
--

What gallery are you talking about? I'm not an artist and I don't show-off galleries :). I'm not one of those people blaming their cameras. IMHO, you get what you pay for. I switched cameras because I wanted to try something different, just like you, and I've found my tool. All you are saying is that my camera is too good for me :D, it's called "envy", my friend. But, who am I to judge..., so are you...
Happy new year, my friend, and everybody! I wish you all the best .

ecka84's gear list:ecka84's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Sigma 2x EX DG Tele Converter Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow