Started Dec 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zigge
Contributing MemberPosts: 744Gear list
Like?
Sony A55 for my mother?
Dec 31, 2011

Hey guys, I recently helped my mother sell her canon g12, wich was a fine camera but she hinted it was too small for her to proberly handle mind you she is 72 years old.

My question is do you think A55, or A35 would be a good choice for a senior as her? She is not pro but wants to learn, she knows what iso is, aperture and shutterspeed but needs a dlsr to really play with DOF etc.

I own sony A65 myself but thought that maybe canon 600d would be easier and cheaper for her, since she doenst want to spend a fortune. Problem with 600d is canon lenses with build in stabilization is kinda expensive. Would you advise that we buy her a A55/35, or would you go with another brand? im talking ease of use, cheap lenses etc.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

To snap, or not to snap

zigge's gear list:zigge's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Samyang 35mm F1.4 AS UMC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon PowerShot G12 Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow