Started Dec 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ecka84
Regular MemberPosts: 495Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it all about gear?
In reply to MirkoB, Dec 31, 2011

MirkoB wrote:

ecka84 wrote:

You are just being ignorant. My gear is far from the best there is. But IQ wise I'm much happier with FF and a cheap 50mm than I was with 7D and whatever equivalent lens, for the same price .

You don't care about the IQ, just like I don't care about your long exposure lightning photography skills, because it is easy. If you look at your image "close enough" it says - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Windows. Would you care to post the original to prove that the gear really doesn't matter? Otherwise I must assume that you are confusing photography and photoshop post-processing skills.

I have 50mm on my 7D and no problem at all with it. If you think that is easy to take lightning photo please try and you will see is it so easy. CS5 is just a tool like in analog time dark room was. But for both there is one rule. You cnt make cake from s..t. So what is fake in my lightning photo? Unfortunately i am right now in Afghanistan so dnt have original files to post but would like to hear from you. thx

-- hide signature --

50mm on 7D is like 80mm lens on FF, not really a walkaround glass. There are more differences when comparing the actual images - DoF, wide open sharpness, noise, diffraction. You can ignore it, but it does matter. For example. You can take very similar pictures (composition and DoF wise) using FF+135/2L and crop+85/1.2L, but once you put 85/1.2L on a FF body it cannot be reproduced using crop body. Canon does not make FF equivalent EF-S primes. I understand that you don't care, you just like taking pictures. I'm fine with that. The question is - why are trying to argue and insult people who actually care about the quality of their pictures?

Yes, CS5 is just a tool. However, there are some photoshop geniuses who don't need a camera to create an amazing picture. I can't do it, so I'm using my camera. And I can't tell what is fake in your photo, you tell me, :). Many people (mostly professionals) are buying better (most expensive) gear just to make sure that their "out of camera" images are good enough and there is no need for a lot of post-processing.

ecka84's gear list:ecka84's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Sigma 2x EX DG Tele Converter Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow