I miss my D200

Started Oct 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Tony Beach
Senior MemberPosts: 4,922
Like?
Re: CCD, they myth that won't die
In reply to Cytokine, Dec 31, 2011

Cytokine wrote:

I think what is clear is that the technologies in each camera are very different, and it is not at all surprising that some favour the look of one and some the other.

Back to what I have previously referred to as crap. The differences in colors are almost exclusively the differences in color profiles made for the cameras. The actual differences in how the cameras record colors are non-existent, regardless of the technology used.

I personally think the D200 has much smoother tones

As I said before, I have personally done over 100,000 actuations with the D200 (there was a typo in the previous post where I stated that), and over 40,000 actuations with the D300. Based on my experience, I have no problem getting comparably smooth tones from either camera. I'll ask you again, how much experience do you have with the D300?

I have a lot of faith in Nikon and if they think CMOS is the way forward they are probably right, but I personally like the look of CCD.

These claims that there is a different look from CCD compared to CMOS are a myth.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow