Started Dec 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dheorl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,316Gear list
Like?
m4/3 macro options?
Dec 30, 2011

I'm looking at trying a bit of macro with my G2 and am wondering what my options are. I like nature photography in general and am essentially just looking for another medium of this so all of my photos will be out "in the field". I don't want to be faffing around with any studio work.

I can't really justify the cost of the panny m4/3 45mm for having a bit of a go.

I've seen quite a few articles about people using bellows with legacy lenses around the internet.

I've also seen a fair few macro conversion lenses around the place.

What are the benifits of each method? I'm assuming the bellows method is better for pin point accuracy on a static subject whereas the conversion lenses are quicker and simpler. This is making me lean towards the conversion lenses. Do they still allow auto-focus. I have a 45-200mm I could mount one to.

Will I be able to get close up focus at the 200mm end. That could make for some really fun wildlife shooting.

Any hints and tips for easy m4/3 macro shooting and what equipment to get would be great.

Cheers.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow