Started Oct 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Cytokine
Contributing MemberPosts: 626
Like?
Re: CCD, they myth that won't die
In reply to Tony Beach, Dec 30, 2011

Tony Beach wrote:

Cytokine wrote:

The point Tony is that comments like "CCD, the myth that won't die," is clearly an inflammatory comment that has no base in fact.

Your full of crap.

Whenever CCD meetz CMOS on the same terms, CCD will always win, as stated by DALSA.

I've read the literature -- and again, your full of crap.

The D300 is a fine camera and does not need your trash to champion it.

Likewise the D200, just don't spout a bunch of unsubstantiated garbage making it out to be something it isn't.

PHOTONICS SPECTRA © Laurin Publishing Co. Inc. CCD V CMOS Facts & Fiction

• Dynamic range, the ratio of a pixel’s saturation level to its signal threshold. It gives CCDs an advantage by about a factor of two in comparable circumstances. CCDs still enjoy significant noise advantages over CMOS imagers because of quieter sensor substrates (less on-chip circuitry), inherent tolerance to bus capacitance variations and common output amplifiers with transistor geometries that can be easily adapted for minimal noise. Externally coddling the image sensor through cooling, better optics, more resolution or adapted off-chip electronics cannot make CMOS sensors equivalent to CCDs in this regard. Author Dave Litwiller is Vice President,
Corporate Marketing at DALSA in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

While CMOS is catching up and will and does provide very good sensors, your statements, (like your manners,) are highly suspect!!

John

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow