Extract and Play...

Started Dec 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
Sunshine_boy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,286Gear list
Like?
My own (hopefully) improved results...
In reply to Sunshine_boy, Dec 30, 2011

Well, this thread has been a big source of fun and knowledge for me. Having seen the wonderful edits that were produced from the original and the various ideas applied to it, I became much more determined to improve my extraction skills. It seems to me that good extraction is the basis on which one can build.

I spent quite some time practicing with the CS5 Refine Edge tool which at first I found quite confusing as to the application of the various sliders and options. But, after watching this Russell Brown video tut (CS5 Masking Basics):

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/visual-design-cs5/masking-basics-in-photoshop-cs5/

things became much clearer. So I had yet another loooong go at it and this is what I came up with. Nowhere near the results of the posters here but still very satisfying to see that reasonable results can be obtained once you study the work of others and have a good tutor...

Please be tough in your critique of my effort, with particular emphasis on the quality of extraction.

A big 'Thank You' to all that contributed

-- hide signature --

Best Regards & Season's Greetings
Sunshine

ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

Sunshine_boy's gear list:Sunshine_boy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd Olympus C-4000 Zoom Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D60
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow