Started Dec 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MattMurph
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Learned About sRGB and Adobe RGB - Feel Like Shooting Myself
Dec 30, 2011

This has turned my world upside down. First I noticed that a picture I edited in Photoshop looked awesome in PS, but dull on Flickr. Then I found a thread on here about color management and web browser settings. Indeed, the photo looked the way I wanted it in Firefox and Safari, but not on Chrome and Opera (main browser.) This whole idea of color management utterly and completely angers me. But I have to deal with it. Soo...

Most of my images are online, but I put them on there basically to show what I can do, and what I hope to do someday is print those pictures, and the better pictures I will produce in the future.

So after learning about this color management issue, I naturally have many questions.

1) What should I shoot in if I want to edit images in PS and later upload them as well as print them? Also, does it matter? Will Shooting in RAW and JPEG work just fine?

2) Does shooting in Black or White or perhaps RAW files make this issue null?

3) What is more common on the internet and for printing? aRGB or sRGB?

4) Have all of my photos been wasted now that I know I have been taking them in a setting that will not translate to a printer?

5) How can I enhance my photos accordingly so that they will look they way I want on screen and in print at the same time?

6) Who the hell created this massively confusing and infinitely annoying difference in color and are they alive, if not, how will photography change if I go back in time and kill them for their crimes against photographer and ubiquity?

MattMurph's gear list:MattMurph's gear list
Nikon D40X
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow