Flat view
Superleggera
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Quality GX1 OR NEX5n Help
Dec 29, 2011

Hi
This is my first post here on Dp ,so hello to all
I read allot of the posts on here and most are very informative and friendly.

However my question to you all is to help me make a decision on Lumix GX1 or the Sony Nex5N ?

At present i have a canon d5 mk2 great camera , but i just never take it on holiday or city trips etc as its just to big .. or probably im just lazy

I also use a Sony hx9 which is amazing wee thing ,but on the last trip to Paris shooting at night resulted in ok ish shots and it just didn't cut it so hence i really fancy either the GX1 OR NEX5N to fill the quality gap between the two .

While looking around i see some forums go on about how the Sony APS sensor is far better at low light than the GX1 MFT Sensor ,but some forums say not so.
Is this the case ??
Will i really see the difference and will i regret getting the GX1 ?

Anyway I was all set to get the GX1 but now unsure !

Ive noticed the low light shot samples ive seen are really good on Nex but ive not seen many of GX1 night shots to compare like for like , is this because its too new to the market or has no one had good enough results to post up .

I know im not going to be taking shots at night all the time but it would be good to have an all rounder .

One thing i didn't like with the Nex was the flesh tones slightly pasty (a bit Nikon look to them) ..

Nex is a fine looking camera compared to the GX1 although build quality on GX1 is a bit like SLR rather than Compact feel of nex .

Comparing the nex for size with its smaller body against GX1 this looked good , however as soon as you fit the 18-55 its never gona fit in you pocket . With the GX1 and the LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm lens this fits in your pocket .
I really like this Gx1 but i keep going back to this damm sensor size ???

Any advise much appreciated ..

Thanks to you all
Jase

Leica X Vario Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow