Started Oct 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Tony Beach
Senior MemberPosts: 4,771
Like?
Re: CCD, they myth that won't die
In reply to Cytokine, Dec 29, 2011

Cytokine wrote:

Tony Beach wrote:

You're just trying to rationalize an argument you've been making for a long time here. It's a bunch of crap.

At least I am consistent, in my praise for a remarkable camera that was a technical tour de force, released in 2005 and still relevant today,

Get real, the D2x outclassed the D200 and most of us back then understood that we were getting a "baby D2x" for a fraction of the price. The D200 was (and still is) a high value camera, but that's not the same as high cost camera. It wasn't the D200 that knocked out the D2x as Nikon's best DX camera, it was the D300 (which was overshadowed by being released the same day as the even more significant D3).

the best of Nikon colour technology combined with the best sensor available at that time.

It's just a camera, it's sensor records no more colors than the D300 or the D2x, get over it.

Yes the future is CMOS but that has more to do with the bells and whistles that the current market demands, than IQ at low ISO.

You have created a fantasy that the D200 offers something tangible or significant at low ISO that the D300 lacked. This is (as I said above) just a bunch of crap.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow