Started Dec 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,285Gear list
Like?
S100 Highlights using iContrast
Dec 29, 2011

Gail recently asked for people's opinions of the i-Contrast feature of our S100s. I said I didn't like the shadow feature, but may find some use for the highlight side. This evening, when I saw all the tones in the sky as the sun was setting, I turned highlights on and captured the following images. The out of camera version of the fourth image appears in another thread posted earlier today. These are slightly post processed to bring out the yellow glow on the edge of the clouds that I saw in the sky. Don't know if i-Contrast was responsible for the slight loss of yellow saturation, but I think it did a very credible job of capturing all the other tones and luminance values. All compositions, though, are out of camera.

Capturing these images was a bit of a challenge as the jetstream was moving the clouds at high speed and compositions where fleeting. As I get used to this little gem of a camera, I'm finding it very nimble though in locking a focus point, exposure, then shooting, before losing the shot. Not all the time, though, as you'll notice a few missing numbers in the shot sequence.

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow