Started Dec 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Snapshot7
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
Why I might NOT get the NEX-7... No IBIS
Dec 29, 2011

I love almost everything about the NEX-7. The performance, the features, the overall IQ...

But the one of the biggest things it is lacking IMHO is In Body Image Stabilization (IBIS).

The current lineup of NEX lenses is pretty damn poor. That means many will want or need to use other non-NEX lenses to get the most out of their camera setup and the lack of IBIS becomes and even bigger possible issue.

Some people have reported that the OIS on certain Sigma lenses functions with the LA-EA2 adapter but that doesn't totally solve the problem.

I'm actually going to wait and hope that Olympus releases an E-P4 with improved sensor (16Mp) and maybe even built-in EVF and tilt-able LCD since they include IBIS.

For many people IBIS isn't an issue and I understand that. But for me, I'm not sure I will buy a camera without it.

-- hide signature --

Canon T70, AE1, Rebel2000 G1, G2, G5, Pro1, SD500

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow