Tony Beach
Senior MemberPosts: 4,736
Like?
Re: CCD, they myth that won't die
In reply to Cytokine, Dec 29, 2011

Cytokine wrote:

Tony Beach wrote:

Logge wrote:

the only thing where i would still prefer the D200 is portrait shooting, that CCD simply gives the best results of all DX bodies.

Ever compare it to a D2x? I'm just wondering.

The D200 and the D2X both well known for good colours, D200 = CCD and D2X = CMOS, so we can compare CCD V CMOS since they both used the same sophisticated analogue processing of colour prior to digital conversion.

Result! even with the update of the D2XS, (2007) the D200 had better Portrait colour depth and landscape dynamic range. (DXO-Mark)

The Native CCD pixel has twice the dynamic range of CMOS (DALSA) facts and fiction.

While improvements have been made in high ISO noise and Dynamic range in later cameras it has been at the cost of colour control. and very little if any improvement to IQ at ISO 400 and below. Because pixel level A/D conversion and amplification now precludes analogue colour preconditioning, and CMOS is just beginning to catch up with CCD at low ISO.

That's a load of crap. Enjoy your fantasy, but it doesn't impress me in the least.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow