Upgrade from S90 to S100

Started Dec 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
Renard DellaFave
Contributing MemberPosts: 787Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgrade from S90 to S100
In reply to kruezr, Dec 28, 2011

Same here, I passed on the 95 as I don't do video (past VGA), and I wasn't having grip or wheel problems.

With the upgrade I sure don't mind having a nice feeling grip and detents on the wheel, though. A little thinner feels nice. All a matter of taste but it's worth $100 just for the handling/feel improvement alone.

Performance (speed) is a nice step up from the 90, a real boon of you use the bracketing or continuous modes.

Low light is noticeably better. Not a huge difference but I wanted the improvement.

UnlIke most I could care less about 24mm (or 28 for that matter) but the little bit extra in tele and a few more pixels gives a minor, but again noticeable, increase in cropped-tele resolving power. (Yes I want a superzoom, always have... too big).

So, if you can stomach the cost, I think you'd be happy.

What I am not happy about is that it seems like you're lucky if you can sell your S90 for more than $140 or so. For 2yr old electronics I like to see 50% of original list.

Renard DellaFave's gear list:Renard DellaFave's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Canon PowerShot S100 Sony RX100 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow