Dead G3 sensor (looks like a December series)

Started Dec 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alxp
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Dead G3 sensor (looks like a December series)
Dec 28, 2011

Just to add to the recent sensor failures that my G3 has died couple days ago midway through a Central America trip Now shooting with Samsung Galaxy 2 for the remainder of the vacations

It was very lightly splashed with a few drops of water (top side) and immediately dried with a tissue.. It then worked perfectly fine for 24 hours after which it started to produce purplish-white static just after turning on for a few seconds.. After 1 more hour, the live view would just produce black image and desire to shoot with 2 sec exposure with no outcome. All other features of the camera, including preview and lens communication work fine.

I bought the camera on ebay and the seller unfortunately can't find a receipt so I'm off to pay for the repair or just buy a new one and sell this one as damaged for spare parts.. All components except the sensor work great so its LCD/shutter/mb/cover/body/etc should help other failed units get a new life...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow