ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TonyP2302
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
LX5 or GF3
Dec 28, 2011

Hi,

I was about to get the GF3 with the twin lens kit that includes the 14mm fixed lens today but after reading the great reviews of the LX5, I'm wondering whether to get that instead.

After looking at both cameras, I can see good things for each but maybe I'm missing something.

The big GF3 sensor and nice 14mm or the nice bright zoom lens and great style of the LX5.

Can the LX5 really compete with the GF3 even though it has a much smaller sensor and can the LX5 produce a shallow DOF?

I'm not clued up enough to see if one should be an obvious choice over the other.
I want good low light and fast response.

It will be used for all kinds of stuff but I need it to be fast focusing and not hinder quick shots out and about in town etc.
There's not much difference in the price around here.

Going to spend the cash tomorrow one way or the other as the constant changing my mind is driving me crackers:-)

I'm leaning towards getting the LX5 really but can someone let me know if the IQ will be inferior to the GF3.

Many Thanks

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow