On the verge of ditching u43s

Started Dec 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
MrTaikitso
Contributing MemberPosts: 650Gear list
Like?
As a GH2 14-140 owner...
In reply to warrj, Dec 27, 2011

...who is happy with the camera because I knew what I was getting into, my comments:

1. I actually agree with you. My brother's ageing but hunky Nikon D200 takes clean soft lovely stills that I have to work much harder to obtain with the GH2 - and only in very good light. However...

2. The versatility, speed and (despite it's light weight), build quality of the GH2 does make it a superb all in one camera, ideal for pro-sumers like me.

3. If you're making money from your work, and the client expects pro level results, of course, dedicated gear is best, although from the early reviews, the NX5/7 (I know, not 4/3rds, but kudos where it is due), take cleaner images and I imagine the video is better - but then, as per another commenter above, the sensor is larger on the Sony's - and the NX7 is pricier than the GH2.

4. All said, I imagine that thanks to the NX7 and 1080P video capabilities of the new Canon, Nikon and Pentax DSLRs, that Panny will ensure the GH3 improves on the GH2 in the same way the GH2 did over the GH1.

And looking at my calendar, the GH3 is a tad overdue!

MrTaikitso's gear list:MrTaikitso's gear list
Samsung EX2F +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
IBISNew
okayNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow