Started Dec 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
beingk
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
GX1 or GH2?
Dec 27, 2011

already checked out this comparison ( http://snapsort.com/compare/Panasonic-GX1-vs-Panasonic_Lumix_DMC-GH2 ) but also wanted to ask for opinions from people who've had experience with both. it looks like GX1 is more portable, while the GH2 has a flip-out screen.

i've had a GF1 for a while, with the 20mm, 7-14mm, and 14-140mm lenses, VF1 (i know it won't work on the GX1), and the FL500 external flash. would there be a logical progression from here in terms of a new body?

also pricewise the GH2 comes with either the 14-42mm crappy lens or the 14-140mm, which i already have. the body only costs as much as the first kit... the GX1 on the other hand comes with the fancy new 14-42mm X lens, for about the same price like the GH2 with the crappy lens. GX1 vs GH2 body only are $699 vs $899 respectively. so it's pretty confusing.

thanks!
k

beingk's gear list:beingk's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow