85mm 1.8 in a gym filter question

Started Dec 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shorthand
Senior MemberPosts: 2,962Gear list
Like?
Re: 85mm 1.8 in a gym filter question
In reply to Lisa H, Dec 27, 2011

Lisa,

As for the question above, one of my very favorite things about digital photography is that you don't have to use color filters when taking a photo but instead have the wonderful opportunity to apply them after the fact . This opens up all sorts of creative black and white possibilities. I also love Picasa's "filtered black and white" interface - its dead simple.

This sounds like a lot of fun. In terms of shutter speed, basketball isn't nearly as demanding as sports where the ball is hit (volleyball, baseball, etc.), so you should be able to get away with 1/320s or 1/500s - even 1/250s may be OK for the little ones in a pinch.

I did want to ask what do you plan to use when you're shooting from under the basket? Do you have a 35mm f/2 or are you just going to use the kit lens (which should actually work pretty well.)

Shorthand's gear list:Shorthand's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 300D Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 500D +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow