Started Dec 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Valinsky
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Hahnemuhle papers and Epson A4 printers
Dec 27, 2011

Hello, I am looking to print photographs and drawings to sell on a small scale (craft fairs, that sort of thing). Having spent a lot of time looking at printers I'm pretty much convinced that I should stick with an A4 item — I intend to mount my images so they need not be that big (they aren't that big to begin with!) and the price difference to get a GOOD A3+ printer is, ahem, large. I am currently looking at the Epson PX730 (I believe sold as the Artisan 730 in the US) which has very good reviews and appears to do everything I want it to and with the 6-ink Claria system.

I would like to use Hahnemuhle papers but have two concerns:

firstly, will these papers fit through the printer? They do of course have a range of weights and I haven't yet decided on the precise product but most are around or above 300gsm. Does anyone have any experience with such a combination of printer and paper?

secondly, having just got into this game I have immediately become aware of the need for a printing profile. Hahnemuhle provide their own but only for A3+ printers. Again, if anyone had any experience of using say an Epson profile with this paper or one of the Hahnemuhle profiles on this printer I would be very grateful for any advice!

On a similar note, if anyone could recommend a reasonable screen calibrator that would be great. Reading Amazon reviews leaves me none the wiser.

Of course, if you think I'm going about this in totally the wrong way I'm happy to consider other proposals!

Many thanks for any help you can give,
David

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow