ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kevroc
Regular MemberPosts: 259
Like?
From Canon 7D to Fuji X100?
Dec 26, 2011

Please help me with this decision.

I shoot mostly landscapes, cityscapes, scenics. Mostly shoot wide at mid 20's focal length. Purchased a Canon 7D and 16-35mm L lens and shoot that typically on the 16 end. I'm overall happy with the combo, I feel it's hard to beat from an overall IQ perspective.

However, it's a bit much to lug around everywhere. I don't mind really too much, but seem more of a chore than a pleasure. I'm looking for something with reasonable IQ in a smaller package. And here I am

Any former 7D shooters here? Or any DSLR shooters familiar with the 16-35 2.8 or 17-35 2.8 that can comment on the overall IQ experience? Not just sharpness, but distortion, flare, etc?

I'm not so concerned about a general use camera, this will serve a particular purpose so minor quirks aren't a major hurdle. Slower focus, no focus tracking, etc. all shouldn't be a big issue. I just don't want to have significant IQ degradation from the 7D combo.

Thanks!

Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow