Health Care Systems Around the World

Started Dec 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
Jon Allison
Regular MemberPosts: 317
Like?
Re: Health Care Systems Around the World
In reply to LeRentier, Dec 26, 2011

LeRentier wrote:

Well, the UK, in many aspects of life, is not really that European.
Their NHS has long waiting lists where there shouldn't be any.
The UK health system seems to combine medical excellence with poor service.
We were able to observe that while stationed in Bristol.

In France, where I live, there are no long waiting lists for serious matters, I know that from experience because I've only been hospitalized via the emergency services, at various occasions, and always received immediate and excellent attention.

Next time you'll have to bust up something in France, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

In the UK, if your case in non-urgent, you wait. If you've got a limb hanging off or are having a coronary, you get seen immediately. If you don't like the idea of waiting for something non-urgent, one can always go private.

Personally, I can wait for something minor to be seen to while little kiddies have their cancer treatment straight away.

Healthcare in France isn't free; (I live there) private health insurance (the mutuelle) is mandatory (except for the poorest) that's why there aren't long waiting lists. Fee paying hypochondriacs can get their antibiotics for their day-old cold.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow