Started Dec 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dog46
Junior MemberPosts: 43Gear list
Like?
My new Lens for my NEX5N
Dec 26, 2011

I returned today while I still could the 55-210 telephoto to accompany my NX5N. I have not been happy with thr 18-55 or the 55-210 output. It is OK but I hardly find "OK" to be a ringing endorsment of a lens.

I was fully prepared to plunk down $800 for the Sony 18-210 which many on this forum seem to like. No stores in my vicinity had that lens in stock so what I did for a new lens was to order the new Panasonic FZ-150 24X bridge camera. In the meantime-I will get get some very good pictures and not have to worrywhich lens I should get next-if the Tamron new 18-200 will sink in price to the $500's in a year or so. Or who will make a 20-80 zoom that I can afford instead of that insanely useless 18-55 which makes objects smaller.

I will keep the Nex5n which is a wonderful camera and wait for an atleast decent lens to come along that is fairly reasonable but I think on this score I might have a long wait.

But in the meantime-I will get some really decent shots close in or zoom & not have to agonize or which adapter, which prime legacy lens is sharp, etc etc etc. I can have some fun & then make a reasonably intelligent decision about whether to keep the NEX5N... There are those of us who just can't afford the 5 instead of the 7 etc etc.

Some will say but you are spending money on another camera. Here's what those people will not understand. I would much rather spend that $500 dollars on something I enjoy. Money-on its own-has no real value as far as I am concerned. It's value is in how you use it.

dog46's gear list:dog46's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
Samsung NX5 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow