How could I have improved these?

Started Dec 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
LeeStar
Regular MemberPosts: 310Gear list
Like?
Re: How could I have improved these?
In reply to KennethKoh, Dec 26, 2011

I've had a look at your gallery and you have a few interesting shots there. I'm curious as to why you chose to post the ones you did to this thread. I like the others and imho they are much better than these two. These two seem to me like test shots, where you were just playing around with exposure and pp, stuff like that, and perhaps then people misunderstood and thought it was about the composition and overall appeal of the photo as a whole. Or I could be wrong.

In your night shots I like the effect of the poll light almost looking like a star, and the sky in the "Pillar" shot is very strange, I've never quite seen one like that. I think they're good photos for a beginner, but I'm one too so what do I know.

Lee

-- hide signature --

"Above all, we are coming to understand that the arts incarnate the creativity of a free people. When the creative impulse cannot flourish, when it cannot freely select its methods and objects, when it is deprived of spontaneity, then society severs the root of art."
— John F. Kennedy

LeeStar's gear list:LeeStar's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C300 Kodak EasyShare Z650 Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow