backpack with slr spot, not slr backpack?

Started Dec 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mtk923
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
backpack with slr spot, not slr backpack?
Dec 26, 2011

Sorry for another backpack thread but I have been searching for several months on the perfect backpack for me and haven't had any luck. I was hopping someone could suggest a backpack or how they handle similar situation to mine.

So basically I have a T2i with a 24-70 lens I am looking for a backpack that I can take to amusement parks and such that can hold my camera safely and still hold all the other stuff i need to for my family. Couple of light jackets misc. things on the inside, a water bottle on the outside, etc. All the searching I have done I find that they are all for photographers that have several lens, cameras, flashes, etc. The backpacks that are for more simple photographers are much smaller and thus dont' offer the room for other stuff.

My current setup is on osprey bag with a mountsmith cube inside this keeps my camera and gives me room but it becomes difficult when I have to take the camera in and out. I was hoping for a back with the side quick access but has a small dictated space for the camera because all that extra padding that isn't being used takes up space and adds weight that wont be used.

So I am looking for more of a backpack with a space for DSLR rather then a DSLR backpack. Or any suggestions that you guys have on how you might handle this situation. I was considering the thinktank shape shifter because its light weight and design but that can't hold a camera with a lens attached, but its small light weight and has the ability to change depending on what I am carring. thanks for the help.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow