Which monitor calibration tool to buy

Started Dec 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
dave1812
Senior MemberPosts: 1,899Gear list
Like?
Re: Which monitor calibration tool to buy
In reply to wildcat59, Dec 25, 2011

wildcat59 wrote:

I have been looking at calibration tools such as the Spyder Pro 3 or the X-Rite i2 and would be very interested in the opinions or experiences of the users of this forum. The reviews like Amazon seem very mixed and leaves me with little to go on.

I am just a hobbyist who does very little printing at home. I would like to use this to calibrate both my desktop as well as my laptop. The laptop especially seems very flat. Pictures adjusted from either monitor do not print (at retailers) the same as what I see. I am using sRGB for my colorspace for compatibility in that area.

These are just the two that I have looked in to and if there are others, I am very open to consider them. I am trying to stay within a $150 max price limit for this.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have the spyder Elite. it gives accurate colors when used with a good wide gamut monitor. printed photos looks identical (for ALL intents and purposes) to the onscreen images in LR3.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Dee fifty one hundred

Honest debates welcome.

dave1812's gear list:dave1812's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow