I'm back baby!!! New 70-300VR arrived, family Christmas eve at the wildlife park.

Started Dec 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,408Gear list
Like?
Re: I'm back baby!!! New 70-300VR arrived, family Christmas eve at the wildlife park.
In reply to herbymel, Dec 24, 2011

herbymel wrote:

glad you got one back in time for Christmas...now what will you do when you've got two

It is one of the few things I did not have a backup of. I can even steal my wife's SB-900, which she rarely uses if my SB-800 were to break down. I'm happy to have a backup of this lens. I'll probably alternate between the two so that one does not develop issues from dissuse but the next time I have to send one in for repair it will be no big deal (unless I'm unlucky enough to have a double failure).

I hope the lens tech continues to improve and that lenses get cheaper but I could probably shoot the rest of my life with the 18-70DX and 70-300VR for general shooting, so having spares of them while I have working camera bodies to mount them to isn't such a bad thing.

In fact when it comes to gadgets I've found owning anything you rely on but can't have a backup of is not such a great thing. You WILL eventually lose it.

Merry Christmas.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.

My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow