Started Dec 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nosarious
Junior MemberPosts: 48Gear list
Like?
how to turn off the monitor on the gf2
Dec 23, 2011

I have a project which involves three GF2 cameras, and potentially 6 or nine. Their price is beginning to be quite attractive for this, especially since they shoot video.

My concern is the monitor seems to have to remain on all the time. There is a post which implies the latest update allows you to turn it off, and a 'thanks' from the original poster, but no real answer that was posted.

Can you shut off the monitor for these devices? Could someone explain how?

(In case you are wondering, these cameras are meant to record a specific location from a number of heights and focusses that allows me to explore different narratives of that location. It's important that they be able to cate video and or static images, and they have to be cheap enough for me to consider buying so many. This is similar to David Hockney's work in Lancershire, but I'm going to be doing it in the wilds of Alberta...

Gerry.
--
The best camera is always going to be the one you have with you.

nosarious's gear list:nosarious's gear list
Nikon D300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +9 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow