c3 vs 5n and other questions

Started Dec 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
dezinerd
Contributing MemberPosts: 931Gear list
Like?
Re: lens correction probably overrated
In reply to dnjake, Dec 22, 2011

Yikes I knew it was an 18-55! Some where there is an example of lens correction taking purple fringe off some trees. So it idoes more than geometric distortion. There was a bunch of controversy about the leica pany lens using in camera corrections. Owners felt it was dis honest that the lens should have no flaws, it was the LX series of cam if memory serves me right. Well I think if they can use this to keep the lens small and cost low with good performance that is a good idea. I am so lazy that I have not down loaded the lens corrections from Adobe for the lens that I have. Nikon's newer bodies do some in camera stuff so this is fairly mainstream for todays cameras.

i think the 5N is worth the addional expence for the extra features. So my mind is made up about that. Setting focus points on the touch screen sounds great. Thanks for your help.

I read the DPR group overview and it is pretty informative. The sample pictures are very helpful. Looks like the 30 macro they had gives good performance and had a nice rendering of out of focus areas.

I saw an optional Sony flash that offers bounce. Adorama has it with a $30 rebate. It looks like a nice unit would love to here comments from someone that actually uses it.

More comments about the 16 and 30 lens and touch screen from those who are actual users would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
--
Dennis

dezinerd's gear list:dezinerd's gear list
Samsung NX300 Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow