ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
max metz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,644
Like?
◄ X10 MODE CHART ► beta 1
Dec 22, 2011

X10 Mode Chart.   beta 1

Quite a few X10 owners have asked how to get the best out of their new camera.

The x10 brings a new dimension to professional cameras in that one is able to quickly configure the sensor itself to suit any particular shot. The following table is my attempt to graphically understand how this works – hopefully it will also be of help to others.

The table assumes that iso and dynamic range will be set manually and that the focus dial on the front of the x10 is set to af-s.

Firstly the table shows my belief that it is best to select the resolutions first, L (large), M (Medium) or S (Small). Thereafter the table attempts to show the subsequent options available for any shot.

The blue line and boxes show my workflow in switching between the various modes; others will likely develop their own. For me, setting the resolution to M (medium) as the PASM (program, aperture priority, shutter priority and full manual) default, then setting the dynamic range to 400% , I am able to switch between the various modes marked inside a blue boxes quickly and fluently using the only mode dial on top right of the camera.

In this way whenever I then return to the a PASM mode, M resolution and 400% dynamic range (or whatever you choose) are automatically set.

The sooner we have more x10 users on the same page with simular understanding, the quicker we can all move forward together and learn from each other.

Hopefully any mistakes will be picked up by users and the table can then be amended accordingly. I have included a b&w copy as well as a colour for printing; eventually the table will hopefully compliment the existing tables at the back of the x10 manual. Thanks for looking.

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow