Started Dec 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dezinerd
Contributing MemberPosts: 929Gear list
Like?
c3 vs 5n and other questions
Dec 22, 2011

Hi, wanted a smaller cam than my Nikons and Nex looks the most promising. There are a few questions that i have been unable to answer inspite of several days of research.

1. The C3 does not have in camera lens corrections for jpegs. The 5n has this function so that makes me think it is the better camera as I want to use out of camera jpegs. This might be more useful when a really wide angle lens comes out of the Sony pipeline. The lens corrections only work with Sony is my understanding.

2. The touch screen did'nt seem to be that helpful for the DPR test crew but I suspect that it is more useful. Do users feel it is worthwhile?

3. Is there an improved 14-42 lens? I know the Black lens is only on the Nex 7 is that what people are referring to? There are rebates available on some lens and camera combos and then others from the same retailer have no rebate. Would that be the old style lens?

4. When using the sweep panorama function does a stabilized lens give better results? Thinking about the 16 or the 14-42 here. Any one do their sweep using a pan head on a tripod for better results?

5. The 30 macro looks good from a price stand point but some are saying it is not good. They said that about the 16 when it first came out and then others with later production said it was OK or at least acceptable. Opinions from those using the 16 and 30 in the field would be nice.

6. Is there a non Sony AF pancake that people prefer?

Thanks for any advice you may have. Dennis
--
Dennis

dezinerd's gear list:dezinerd's gear list
Samsung NX300 Nikon D7100
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow