just ordered a NEC MultiSync PA241W-BK 24"

Started Dec 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ronzie
Senior MemberPosts: 1,283
Like?
Re: just ordered a NEC MultiSync PA241W-BK 24"
In reply to Gary Baker, Dec 22, 2011

There is more than one version of Spectraview depending on time of purchase and country of purchase. The European bundles differ in at least software.

The bundled Spectraview package should match your monitor system. Spectraview components are available from NEC directly separately from monitors if you do not want a bundle at the time of purchase.

The X-Rite devices are specifically modified for wide-gamut NEC monitors when purchased as a Spectraview component. Check on the NEC product page and on the FAQ it points as to which sensor you'll get. I have the modified I1D2 and modified software that were bundled with the P221W purchased just over a year ago from a reseller that discounted it.

Gary Baker wrote:

Looking to replace my aging LaCie CRT monitor. Interested in the NEC monitor - but:

1. Did some reading that seems to indicate that the Spectraview Calibration system has has some compatibility issues with NEC monitor - true? false?

2. If the Spectraview Calibration system is based on the X-Rite i1 Display Pro would I be fine or even better off if I bought the X-Rite?

Thanks for your comments

-- hide signature --

Ron Ginsberg
Minneapolis, MN
Land of 10,000 Puddles

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow