FZ150 and night photography

Started Dec 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
VadymA
Contributing MemberPosts: 868Gear list
Like?
Also try iA mode with shake and night activated
In reply to elmo, Dec 21, 2011

In addition to A and M modes, I would highly recommend trying iA mode but make sure both shake and night functions are activated in the REC menu. I only did a quick test in my bedroom but the results were quite promissing (unfortunately I didn't save them after testing). Apparently the night fuction in iA takes several exposures and combines them into one image (kind of like HDR). But you only hear one shutter click just like with regular shooting. But(!) the results were so bright that I had to reduce exposure to -2 in order to avoid burning highlights. And that's in a very dim light when everything more than 2m away was in complete darkness. And the shake function was great too as I was hodlind the camera without a neckstrap or any other support and still got quite sharp images. Like I mentioned, I don't have the examples but here is the light that was on during the test (it is practically 1:1 size when enlarged). Also taken with FZ150 but in A mode.

VadymA's gear list:VadymA's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow