Started Dec 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Realll
Regular MemberPosts: 162Gear list
Like?
FZ150 and night photography
Dec 21, 2011

After months of reading reviews I decided to take the plunge, sold my FZ38 and ysterday bought a new FZ150. I've made some test shots and finished totally broken.... Lets say that day shots are almost equal to FZ38 (but definitely not better) but night shots... They are just worse! And this is a weak definition of what I saw.
Please , make your own conclusions:
FZ38 on tripod, iA ISO 80:

FZ150 on tripod, iA ISO 800!!!!!??????

FZ150_handheld_ISO 800

FZ150_handheld_ISO 1600

FZ150_tripod_P mode, ISO 100

FZ150_tripod_P mode, ISO 200

With my FZ38 I had wonderful time and exellent night shots! Decided to upgrade to FZ150 based on many reviews that stated that FZ150 is even better for night photography! Unfortunately FZ150 have trend to rise ISO up to 800-1600, even on tripod - in similar situation FZ38 shots ISO 80! The night images of FZ38 are crisp and with good collors while FZ150 produces images with high ISO- noisy and with inaccurate collors. When I shoot on P-mode and set ISO to 100 or 200 pictures are crisp, but too dark.
Now I am wondering what to do... Any useful advices will be highly appreciated!

Realll's gear list:Realll's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony a5000
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 (Lumix DMC-FZ38)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow