Started Dec 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Simon Joinson
dpreview AdminPosts: 4,410Gear list
Like?
Here we go again
Dec 21, 2011

Once again, for reasons I am at a loss to explain, this forum has become the biggest source of complaints and counter complaints, personal attacks, bickering, infighting and vitriol on DPR. This is not a playground, and no one is too important to be banned.

I am therefore giving long temporary bans to every repeat offender I come across, and I would suggest that those of you who find yourselves unable to post until well after the new year consider this a final warning, and think about how you could possibly act a little more grown up in future. Disagreement - arguing - is one thing, but we've got to the point now where the forum is being killed by those on personal vendettas.

And to those who suggest we encourage this kind of behaviour because it's good for business: you're wrong. We're busy, there's a few of us, and we've never actively moderated these forums.

Happy holidays!

Simon

-- hide signature --

Simon Joinson, Editor
dpreview.com

Simon Joinson's gear list:Simon Joinson's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow