Started Dec 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,396Gear list
The Rules.. that are being ignored...
Dec 21, 2011

First, let me get this out of the way: I'm done with this forum. This will be my last post here.

Below are some of the rules for forum activity on DPReview. It is abundantly clear that they are being ignored by a small group of people here but more importantly it is all to apparent that DPReview is making no attempt to enforce their own rules.

Read them.. and then think about what is going on in this forum.

Be civil - Anyone being abusive, calling names or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. If you think someone is wrong it may be because they are new, don't jump on them, think first. If you are repeatedly abusive you will be banned from these forums.

Flame / Attacks - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks or self-promoting messages.

Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome.

No Bashing - Deliberately and repeatedly bashing the same brand, product or company will get you banned. If you have a complaint or comment to make then make it once and make sure you have facts to support it.

Harassment - If we receive complaints about users harassing other users either by forum message, email, private message or by other methods you will be banned immediately. If serious enough we will also contact your ISP and report the matter.

If DPReview actually enforced the above rules this forum would be what it was designed to be, a place to discuss Fuji cameras. A place to share knowledge and experience and yes even a few photos that demonstrate what the cameras are capable of doing and not doing.. but that is not the case.

This forum has reached the point, due to a few individuals, that it really is not worth visiting anymore. DPReview can't seem to control those who create the most problems. Hitting the ignore button is useless because those being ignored appear in almost every thread spreading their venom towards one another. Banning does not seem to work here either.

I came to this forum because I purchased a Fuji X10. Of all camera forums, DPReview has been my favorite since I joined in 2001. I hoped to learn and share here but instead I have encountered the most combative three ring circus of a forum I have ever seen. It is truly pathetic that so few can ruin a forum for so many.

The funny thing is I that I sent a personal message to a forum member last night telling them that if they left then the trolls and forum bullies would win and yet here I am doing the same thing.

After reading today's edition of the Fujifilm Talk forum it's obvious that the situation here is hopeless and so I'm done with this forum as well. I only hope that DPReview wakes up and permanently bans those who have made this forum such an unfriendly and combative place. It is truly pathetic that such a small group of people can ruin a forum with such great potential.

I leave this forum to the thugs, bullies and trolls who are obviously in control of it. To those of you who have been civil and helpful, I thank you for your time and your thoughts.

If you post in this thread, don't look for a response from me. I am truly done here.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
Blog: http://boxedlight.com/blog

The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow