S1, S2, S3, S5 Wednesday thread, 2011.12.14

Started Dec 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
BobsYourUncle
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,509Gear list
Like?
Hey...Mr. Fuji Guru....
In reply to claypaws, Dec 20, 2011

Oh how I have missed saying that....

Glad you are doing well and there is no prohibition against posting good images from another cam. We have all marveled at your macros for years. A post of an insect or 2 or whatever tomorrow would be appreciated by all.

Lastly please expand on what you are doing in math and how it relates to images.

Cheers,

Bob

claypaws wrote:

I am touched that folk are asking after me. I am still around though I rarely look at the forum. I became tired of avoiding threads of heated arguments about things which did not interest me. But I am pleasantly surprised on dipping in now to see so many familiar names and some beautiful images too.

I have not been doing much photography of late and most of what I have done has been insect macro with a Nikon D5000. Hence, I never posted any of it here, even though it is probably the best macro work I have ever done and owes a great deal to the inspiration of another previous regular contributor, the ever generous Cyrus Khamak.

Much of my creative time has been devoted to mathematics and the way that a particular type of equation can lead to images which mimic objects of nature. All very fascinating to me and has taken me into doing some Windows programming to crunch the calculations.

As for travelogs, David, I am very grateful for your kind words. I have not shot much new travelog material but I do have some nice stuff that never made it to the forum before it turned into such a noisy place. I might well work up some of that material and post it as it looks as though there would now be some interest.

-- hide signature --

I have a home on pbase
http://www.pbase.com/claypaws/
And on megashot
http://claypaws.megashot.net/
If you have the time to look

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlanNew
MarkNew
BIANew
Tom,New
AlanNew
JoeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow