Started Dec 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
doni
Regular MemberPosts: 372Gear list
Like?
Travel Kit + new hard case
Dec 20, 2011

I began looking for a case to fit my travelling needs a few weeks back. I needed something sturdy, affordable, and will fit my gear I usually travel with.

After debating purchasing a Pelican case, I ended up with the Zeikos at half the price. It turned out to be a heck of a deal. I do not foresee needing a "military grade" case as I baby my gear a lot. The Zeikos HC52 came with 3 sets of foam, the thickest 3" one being perforated (just like a Pelican case).

As you can see, it fits my most used gear for travel nicely: Nikon D2h, Nikkor 28-70 AF-S f/2.8, Nikkor 105 f/2.5 AIS, Nikkor 35 f/1.8 AF-S, Samyang 8mm f/3.5, SB-600, and mh-21 charger. There is a lot of room to spare;I am leaving some room (debating whether to put in my D200 or save the space for a 70-200 f/2.8 that is coming in the near future).

Also, the case is small enough to be hand carried in air travel.

For anyone in a budget, I cannot recommend this case enough!

Merry Christmas to everyone! Have a great Holidays!

-- hide signature --

...in matters of grave importance, style not sincerity is the vital thing - Oscar Wilde

http://xdmsphotography.shutterfly.com/

doni's gear list:doni's gear list
Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +5 more
Nikon D200 Nikon D2H
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow