Love this printer and love printing from it! The pro 9000 II FTW!

Started Dec 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NovemberSun
Regular MemberPosts: 393Gear list
Like?
Love this printer and love printing from it! The pro 9000 II FTW!
Dec 20, 2011

Just wanted to share my enthusiasm with Canon pro 9000 II that ive owned since this past spring. It has continued to impress me ever since the first print rolled off the tray. It impresses me more and more as the better I become at capturing and making photos, the better photographer I become, the better results I get from the printer. its a win-win situation.

Just thought I would share my experience with the printer and for anyone who is on the fence about getting one. just do it! You'll be happy you did.

I must disclose that I am working in a color managed workflow and to attain the best results one should have the purchase of calibrating hardware in mind. I use the colormunki photo with great results but more importantly the results are predictable and repeatable.

Also as a final note. I highly recommend refilling your ink tanks if you decide to get this printer. Save a ton of cash in doing so! Inks from Precision Colors or OCP (OCP is cheapest ounce per ounce, PC is likely the closest to Canon ink without the use of custom profiles). Either ink supplier I would still recommend color calibrating hardware.
-

Cheers. Cheers to what we possess within ourselves. Cheers to the possibilities of this day.

NovemberSun's gear list:NovemberSun's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow