Started Dec 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
finlemad
Forum MemberPosts: 82Gear list
Like?
Where did my Canon focus?
Dec 19, 2011

Last week I shot 200 photos of our church's live, 6 scene, drive thru nativity, at night with no flash. My favorite way of shooting. The pics turned out great, but I had a short run of what looks to me like focus problems. In the days when I was using the programs that Canon supplied with the camera, there was a feature that would show the active autofocus points on each shot. I still have those programs loaded on my main laptop, but I am using my backup while getting a small glitch ironed out in the main.

I hate to burn hard drive space by loading the Canon programs, but I haven't as yet found this feature on EL8, LR3, or CS5. Am I missing it somewhere?

Using Canon 400D, 17-55 f2.8, and manual AF point selection on the center focus point only. Focus where I want, then re-frame the shot with the buttton held halfway down, and shoot.
Finn

finlemad's gear list:finlemad's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +9 more
Canon EOS 400D (EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS Kiss Digital X)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow